- deCODEme results contain a relatively small number of mtDNA markers, so the accuracy of the analysis will be limited.
- Please upload only your Mitochondrial DNA results. Uploading the complete raw data file will work, but waste a lot of time and bandwidth.
- Upload the txt/csv data file. The zip file will not work.
Brief directions for deCODEme users:
- Log into your deCODEme account. At the far right click on "Advanced."
- Click on "Download Your Data" under the "Data download" category.
- Enter your password and click "Download."
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer. (It may take up to a minute for the download to start.)
- Open the zip file and extract the "deCODEme_scan.csv" file inside.
- Open the "deCODEme_scan.csv" file in a text editor and copy the lines begining with "Mito" (usually at the very end of the file) and paste them into a new txt file.
- Click on the "Browse" button on the mthap page and select the txt file. (The zip file will not work. The full csv file will work but waste a lot of time and bandwidth.)
- Click on "Upload."